Are you paying for Windows Live Hotmail Plus? Stop!
Recently I had my subscription to Hotmail Plus auto-renewed and I started to consider what I was actually getting for my money so I visited http://billing.microsoft.com to find out. After some clicking around I stumbled across this:
Let’s break this down. For £14.99 per year I get:
- 10GB of storage (as far as I know normal Hotmail is to-all-intents-and-purposes unlimited)
- No ads (Outlook.com hardly ever shows you ads now anyway and if they do they’re not the horrible banner ad type)
- Feature tips and product info (Don’t remember ever getting feature tips and besides, I don’t think I’m in great need of them)
- Larger attachments (I never send attachments anyway if I can help it and if I do Outlook.com’s allowance is both hefty and more than adequate)
- Exemption from account expiration (I guess that might be useful were I ever to suffer from a near-fatal medical condition although if I did I suspect I’d have bigger worries on my plate than an expiring Hotmail account)
As such, thanks but no thanks. Cancelled. Thankfully the redesigned http://billing.microsoft.com makes that rather easy:
Are you still using Hotmail Plus? One word for you…Stop!